Lions 2nd XV Men’s Coach
London Scottish Lions RFC wish to recruit a second XV coach who will help deliver the club’s objective of securing promotion to MMT Premier, whilst supporting the ambitions to grow the playing membership, cultivate student members, and aid the development of the entire playing group under the direction of the Head Coach, David Box.
Who are we?
More on who we are and our journey can be found, here.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an ambitious and hungry coach that will take ownership of our 2s, and make them a brand within the Lions brand. We want the 2s to be as strong as possible to support our ambitions as a club, which is to get to Nat 3 in the near future – we will only doing this with 2s and 3s providing a playing platform for players to develop.
Supported by the Exec, the club captain, the team captains, assistant coaches S&C leader, and club physios, you will help accomplish this by providing our men’s teams with the tools to achieve success in their leagues.
Your core duties will be:
• Deliver the rugby philosophy from our head coach, and ensure it is applied as thoroughly as our 1s deliver it.
• Devise and deliver a coaching plan for the whole season with the Head Coach.
• Be the leader that holds players accountable – this role is as much about being a figurehead for the 2s as it is a coach.
• Evaluate match performances and training sessions and evolve the coaching program as necessary.
• Build and embed a process to identify and develop playing talent in the squad.
• Provide clear, constructive, honest feedback to individual players on how they can improve, and feedback to the coaches and exec on player performances.
• Attend all training and game sessions, or arrange cover that is deemed suitable with the Head Coach and Exec staff.
A Level 2 coaching certificate or above or international equivalent is preferred but not essential.
Where are we?
We are based at the Richmond Athletic Ground in Richmond (TW9 2SS). We train on Monday and Wednesday nights, and play our matches on Saturdays. This year the 2s will play the majority of their games within the M25, but there will be the odd day further afield.
How can I apply?
If you are an energetic, ambitious coach with a love of rugby and looking for a friendly ambitious club we want to hear from you; please contact our Chairman, James Warnette, by email (email@example.com).